These are wonderful skills, but one of the most important life skills in life is our ability to connect with other people by listening and talking with others…
But if you have not grown up with these skills in the environment around you, it is not easy learning them from just reading.
For this reason, we have created these 'Conversation Simulations' to help with learning key communication skills:
- Empathy Simulator
- Support a loved one through empathy rather than advice
- Support a loved one with self-critical thoughts through empathy and self-acceptance, as opposed to just trying to cheer her up
- Angry Child
- You are Gabe's parent. Unfortunately, he is very angry at you. A few years ago, he spent a few years living with the other parent, and he feels abandoned by you. He is extremely angry at you — How will manage this? Will you respond back with anger? Logic? Or empathy…?
- Angry Child 201
- Jason, your foster child is angry at you over the stupid rules that you have. How are you going to respond? With anger? Logic? Empathy?
- Empathy 201
- Jenny, your foster child is feeling that she is a bad person…
- Child feeling shame
- Gabe feels ashamed… Help him using radical empathy…
- Gabe the Child who says Woof!
- Help Gabe to school through connection before direction
- Motivational Interviewing